Gamertag, Stats, billing info ALL GONE

At 1AM I was signed out while playing Red Dead Redemption. No big deal, I had just saved. I went to sign back in, was prompted for my email and password..strange..but whatever.
Provided my email address, waited, then prompted for my password...getting stranger. Wrong password...Ok its late maybe I put it in incorrectly, its late. Entered it at least 4 more times..Not panicking yet, but now I'm paying attention.

Ok .. some glitch in the matrix, it happens go on line to xbox.com, try to login, incorrect password! The sweat is beginning to form. Change my password, SAME EMAIL address as always, and I get in. EXCEPT, this is NOT my gamer tag, this is NOT my avatar, my stats are gone, my payment information is gone, this does not even have my name. NOTHING!!!!!!

I play a lot with friends at their houses, so it just so happens that I have my profile on a usb. So i plug that in, and there it all is. I sign in using that and there everything is! So I try to COPY the correct profile back to my hard drive ....and I'm only given the option to MOVE or DELETE.

I've been playing Xbox for a very long time and have a lot attached to that gamertag. I'm at an incredible loss here and am hoping somebody has any ideas on what to do. This is 1 day before I'm due to purchase the new ONE. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You will only ever have an option to Move or Delete profiles from a USB drive.  Profiles can never be copied.

My suggestion would be to sign into the copy of your profile stored on your USB drive.  Once signed in, go to Settings -> Account and select Microsoft Account.  

The Microsoft Account linked to your Gamertag should be displayed.  It will be different then the one you used to log into the website that showed the wrong Gamertag.  The Microsoft Account that you see on your console dashboard is the one you'll need to use if you want to sign in to the website or recover your account from Xbox LIVE.

if you don't recognize this Microsoft Account, I would contact telephone support, since this could be a case of unauthorized access.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OP:  The USB is irrelevant.  The consoles are what is marked as authorized or not.  You'll need to sign into your friend's console, since that one seems to still be authorized.  On your friend's console, follow Loquacious' advice.  Go to Settings --> Account --> Account Security, it will display your current Microsoft Account email.  This will be the one with which you need to log in.

-

The problem with the USB is that all it does is store your profile.  If you plug your profile into a console that isn't authorized to sign in without password, you'll be prompted for the email and password regardless.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.