Gamertag Recycling Question "Relic"

Hello Xbox Community, hopefully administrators can read this post, because since 2006 (5 Years) I have been waiting for the Gamertag "Relic" to be recycled, 5 YEARS!  I have been gaming on xbox live since Halo 2 came out, and I have always wanted a good name for my gamertag.  This accounts gamertag "Relic" hasnt been used for such a long time, that it bothers me it is not being used, I love this name so much I want to change so badly, but I have been waiting so long.  My question is if any admins or mods have any power or answer to know recycle this gamertag or know when this Gamertag will be recycled so that I can change my gamertag to it.  I have $20 ready to go to gamestop, grab some microsoft points and switch my gamertag.  For the past 2 years I have been calling xbox support every month to check with this "Relic" account if its been used or recycled.  I really would appreciate an answer because I just have been waiting too long for it.  

My Gamertag: SwiftEffect

Unused Gamertag: Relic 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

No one knows when gamertags will be recycled. You can keep watch on Major Nelson's blog he usually posts when they are going to do a clean up. They just got done doing one not too long ago and a bunch of people got the gamertags they wanted. Unfortunately there's no way to simply let you have this gamertag because it's not in use. So short answer, no one knows except for Major Nelson and you'd have to watch his blog located here -> http://majornelson.com/ in order to find out when the next time is going to be (I doubt it will be anytime soon)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is Gamertag Recycling a random process that goes daily, or they just recycle a bunch of gamertags on a specific date?  

Sorry this didn't help.

I also heard from this link that forums.xbox.com/.../254627.aspx  

Gamertag recycling is now done, because people are selling the names?  Is that true, because if that is I am going to stop paying for Xbox LIve, I have a problem (OCD) kinda problem (relative) where I have to have a good name?

Sorry this didn't help.

They usually take a couple weeks once they announce it to go through and every day wipe a bunch out. Not a process they are doing daily. Canceling your XBOX LIVE membership is up to you, it's not going to get you a name any faster though as they have never confirmed that they will never do it again. They just stopped doing it for that period of time, they may continue in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's also worth pointing out that Relic is in use on Zune hence it's unlikely that'll get recycled any time soon

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you serious, been waiting 5 years ughhhhh.  This has been my nickname for EVERYTHING lol.  You mean anytime soon as in like a couple more years, or maybe NEVER??????

Sorry this didn't help.

The answer to your question is there is no real answer for you. It could be released soon it could not be, unless you're Bill Gates himself doubt you'll find out.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't just recycle someone's GT because there hasn't been any activity on it recently. If you want a GT with the word 'Relic' in it I recommend trying some variations on it even if it means using the dreaded "Itz", "xX" bookends or the diabolical oO bookends.

Sorry this didn't help.

Naw, cant, I have to have it perfect, but since Relic is in use of Zune, does that mean it will forever never be recycled in the next 10 months???

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is being used, then it will never be recycled.

Sorry this didn't help.