Gamertag recovery

my xbox was stolen recently and i am trying to recover my gamertag for my new console but because i had the xbox for so long the email i used to set up my gamertag years ago doesnt work any more (not sure why), is there some way for me to recover my profile still or do i just need to cut my losses and make a new one?

any help is appreciated

JC

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there. To recover your account you will need to use the Windows Live ID and Password associated to it. If you can access the account using live.com I recommend you change your password as you said your console was stolen.

If you cannot gain access to the account you should contact  Xbox Support to see if they can gain access for you, or you could just make a new account as you said.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you saying that the initial e-mail you used to sign up has deleted itself due to inactivity?

If so, it looks like you will be needing to start up a new account fresh, however, if I were you, I could give Phone Support a call, explain the situation of your Xbox being stolen and you would like to lock your Xbox LIVE Account permanently to prevent any further troubles, mainly if you have a credit card linked.

US Number: 1-800-4MY-XBOX

UK Number: 0800 587 1102

Please reply once you have tried the above, just to see if I can assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.