Gamertag question

I found a gamertag that wasn't being used and even tried sending a fr to the name and it'd always bring up errors or gamertag doesn't exist. However, when i go to change my gamertag it'll say the gamertag is in use. Why does it do this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Perhaps the one in use has spaces in it. SORedlight is the same as SO Redlight when you try making a gamertag. Sending a message however doesn't work when you forget the spaces.

I've heard it's also possible that it's in use as a Zune account or something, but I don't know the details on that.

[quote user="DigiLuigi"]I've heard it's also possible that it's in use as a Zune account or something, but I don't know the details on that.[/quote]

This is true.

When you want to look for a new gamertag and want to know if it is in use, always, ALWAYS search via your console.  

[quote user="DigiLuigi"]

I've heard it's also possible that it's in use as a Zune account or something, but I don't know the details on that.

[/quote]

I've also heard that zune accounts take names from the same pool as xbox live.

I remember seeing it here when MS was releasing old GT back to the pool.

Thanks for the help guys. So pretty much, the gamertag i want is most likely a zune account. Does this also apply to last.fm or is last.fm is different?

Yeah Last.fm is different. Zune is one of Microsoft's entities and probably uses some of the same resources that Xbox Live does.

Oh alright. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking doing that. Sucks that i can't get the gt i wanted. btw it was Im R e d

^^^ hmmmm... Tried clicking you gamercard and got a big red screen are you try to RAT ppl????

For the safety of all the ppl on this forum, I think all his comments should be REMOVED !

^ Cause i changed my GT last night and it needed to update by me signing in.

Lol but thats still pretty weird doh . Nice way to put malware on ppl computer lucky on my phone with s safe browsing enable