Gamertag question?

Hello, I remember some time ago they recycled gamertags to be reused.  I guess my question is I am extremely interested in a specific GT that is currently in use. The thing is this GT has never logged into xbox live, is offline, has 2 friends that are off line, and has no gold membership. This GT has been  INACTIVE! for some time.

How can I get this GT?

Will this GT ever get recycled since its INACTIVE?.

If so when will they be recycled?

Is there a way for xbox to contact them to see if they would like to release this GT?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Microsoft will not clear a gamertag if you simply ask them.

They gamertag owner may still use that account but have privacy settings enabled or appear offline.

If the gamertag is inactive, the best you can do is hope that it gets recycled the next wave.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote]I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN". Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?
There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available. [/quote]http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/19165/121234.aspx#gt

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a chance it will be recycled next time, but no garuntee.

Also, the person could have family settings on. And no Microsoft will not recycle a gamertag at your request.

Sorry this didn't help.