Gamertag problems

I just got an account online for bungie however it said to link a gamertag i need to go to this website. I Came to this website and put in my email and I seemed to of gotten another account linked. Is there a way that I can remove this one and replace it with one I already have?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there.

Refering to the account you are using on www.bungie.net, is it an active xbox LIVE account? Or did you simply just create an account through their site?

The credential information which you use for your account on xbox LIVE will need to match up to the account on www.bungie.net to link it.

"Yes, I understand that but I have still been given a randomly created account on xbox.com?!?" - Ok, the xbox LIVE service should not allow more than one account to have the same credential information, but it can happen sometimes. This can cause sign in issues when coming to xbox.com and as you have found out, linking your gamertag to other services which use Windows Live IDs.

To fix this you will have to change the Windows Live ID associated to the random account which has been created on xbox.com (the one you're using to post now). Simply recover the account back to your xbox 360 and follow the next set of steps:

1. Once recovered sign into the account.
  2. Hit the guide button on your controller.
  3. Scroll right, to the last page which is your settings page.
  4. Select "Account Management".
  5. Select "Windows Live ID".
  6. Re-assign a new email address to the account.

Once this is all complete the sign in issues should now be resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.