Gamertag problem, never got a definite answer on.

My original Gamertag was AuSy, which still shows up when I search for it.  That original 360 had fried on him after a deployment to Iraq (to much dust in it I suppose), so I bought a new 360 when I got back.  Shortly after I tried to recover my Gamertag and it just kept giving me errors (I don't remember the exact error, it has been about 3 years now).

I continued to call up support and they told me I had to make a new one and that account was un-recoverable.  If you check the names and informaton (DOB, etc) on this account you will see it matches AuSy and I was just wondering what happened to that Gamertag and why I can't have it back.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Bump, still need help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried recovering recently?  Try it and give the messages.  it is possible that after some years of non-use, the account was just simply locked out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't remember the message it gave, but it wasn't years of non-use, it was just over a year while I was deployed, and the account had Gold Renewal on it (turned off now some how).  When I originally called Microsoft, they told me I had to remake a Gamertag, and the email it was originally attached to is now attached to another account.  They gave me a free 12 month Gametime code that applied to that new account, Gamertag for it is SKOJO but I just want to know what happened to AuSy or if it can be released and I can get my Gamertag back.

Sorry this didn't help.

If the account had auto-renewal on it, and you didn't turn it off, then it could have been suspended for non-payment if they were unable to charge it for some reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Calling support with the info you used for the account is the only way to access an account you don't currently have a way to recover.  You will have to prove you are the owner beyond a shadow of a doubt though.  The account wont be recycled and made available for quite some time, so that is your best bet.

Sorry this didn't help.