Gamertag Price Change?

Okay, I've changed my GT a good few times due to switching between top Pro Clubs on the last two FIFA games. Before they switched from points to currency, the price was 800 Microsoft Points which was a total of £7.00. Was planning on changing my GT today but after seeing that they've upped the price to £8.99 I think I will give it a miss. I don't mind spending money on a name change whatsoever, I just simply do not understand why they have decided to increase the price on something they make a fortune off of anyway? Feel like Microsoft are taking liberties if I'm honest.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="Hybridizm"]I just simply do not understand why they have decided to increase the price on something they make a fortune off of anyway? [/quote]

Because there will always be people stupid enough to pay.

Any clan or club that forces you to change your name to join up is just helping microsoft continue the trend.

If you are willing to pay £7 for a name change that you have done a few times previously, what's an extra £2.  I know that's not the point, but prices of most things will continue to rise as time goes on.

-

Also, I could never think of any reason why I would change my tag for a clan/club.