Gamertag overwritten after installing windows 8

I've got a weird Problem concerning my Windows Account and Xbox Live gamer tag. I had a gamer tag before installing Windows 8, connected to my gmail adress and many games logged in to it after installing. After installing Windows 8, I had to create a Microsoft Account and I did that with my gmail adress. When using Xbox Music the first time, it created an Xbox Live Account with a new gamer tag. Problem now is, all my games in steam are connected to my old gamer tag, but I can't login to it since it's overwritten by the new one with the same email adress. I don't remember the old gamer tag though, I only know it was different to my actual one. When I re-enter the key in e.g. F1 2011, it tells me the key is already connected to another account. I hope that anyone has an idea how to fix this or who to contact with that Thanks very much in advance and please excuse my weak english.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It sounds like your old Gamertag may have been attached to a different email address than you might think it is.  If you still have your profile on an Xbox console, you can sign into it and go to Settings --> Account --> Account Security to see what that login email is.  Or, you can call up Xbox Customer Support by phone (1-800-469-9269 if you're in the US), and they can help you identify the login email.  Maybe they can search you up by your contact info and then verify you into the account that way.  Definitely worth a shot.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.