Gamertag NOT taken, but...

My xbox was suggesting random available GT's for me and I saw one I liked, but kept looking. A few minutes later I typed it in and it said that it was taken. I tried to befriend the owner of this gamertag, but my xbox said "The gamertag you entered does not exist on xbox live."

So, it suggested a gamertag that wasn't taken, it says it doesn't exist on xbox live, and I checked at gamertagchecker.com and it was available for the taking BUT I still can't get it because of some glitch in the system?

Has anyone had to deal with an issue like this? Anything will help, I'm just coming here in hope of a lucky break while waiting for microsoft's XBL support offices to open.... Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Those sites like gamertagchecker.com, and similar sites are not affiliated with Xbox, or Microsoft, so their accuracy is questionable.  

You need to read this FAQ:

[quote]I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN".
Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?
There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available. 

[/quote]http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/19165/121234.aspx#gt

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Disappointing. But it still doesn't explain why this site said it was available when it was giving me available suggestions.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="UnivocalBean944"]

Disappointing. But it still doesn't explain why this site said it was available when it was giving me available suggestions.

[/quote]Actually, I did.  I said those sites can be very inaccurate.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I said "this site said it was unavailable" I was referring to xbox.com.

Nevertheless, you are right about giving the explanation I needed, I just didn't realize at first because xbox.com told me that it was available. (It's just an overlooked and underestimated glitch in their programming for it to display FatalLogic as available when FataL LogiC is in use)

Sorry this didn't help.