Gamertag needs force change immediately!

Hello,

I urgently need the gamertag under this account to be forced to change, [MOD REMOVED]. This issue concerns me deeply and I would like to request a force change as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Well then break out your wallet and buy 10dollar gift card

.fyi I dont see a name in that gamertag and anyways I highly doubt anyone will guess your login and password with just a part of your name it takes alot more then that

.and dispite your google result it isnt against the terms of use it is only not recommended

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with Ngocphi, I do not see a name in your gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately no Code of Conduct rules have actually been broken from your GamerTag, as previously stated you will have to purchase a new GamerTag for your account if you believe there is sensitive information being displayed. Remember that you are given the opportunity to make your name anything you wish when you begin your account so it is up to you to make any changes and not to try to exploit the name changing system

Sorry this didn't help.

maybe instead of trying to exploit the system

you actually do things honestly if you are that poor why not ask your clan that asked you to change your name for the money

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry but can you people stop falsely assuming? It makes you look ignorant. I am not part of a clan, and I am not trying to "exploit the system." [MOD REMOVED] I am not going to spend $10 on a gamertag change. I already spend $60 on every game I buy, $60 a year for Xbox live and $300 for my Xbox. I don't know who the cheap one here is, the one who always asks for money or the one who is fed up with always paying money. In any case, I want a name chane on my gamertag because even though my name is common and doesn't seem to be sensitive information, I am not comfortable with having it there. Is there anyway a forced change can be done? I have heard of it happening before. Or, is there any other way, such as transferring my gamertag?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to have this done, there are many Gamertags that include names however, it doesn't simply or fully imply that the words within any gamertag are related to the gamer's name.

So in this case, it's extremely unlikely that you will be issued a name change under such circumstances. I suggest that you either purchase a new gamertag to resolve the issue if it concerns you so much but nevertheless, is there a reason specifically why you all of a sudden feel uncomfortable with this gamertag? If you were comfortable when you entered it then why not now?

An alternate solution would be to create a new account however, this means that all your achievements, save games, memberships and marketplace purchases will no longer be available or transferable to another account.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way to get a forced name change is if your name violates the code of conduct. It would be up to the enforcement team to decide whether or not it does violate the code. You would have to have someone file a complaint on your account via the console in order for them to investigate it.

Having a your name in your gamertag does not violate the code and there really isn't anything else that violates the code in your name. So the only way you can change it is by paying to change it. Or you would have to just create a new account with a name you want.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay thanks Nightmare and Smwutches, I appreciate the answers. The reason I am uncomfortable with it now is because initially I thought that this gamertag would be temporary, but it turned out to be my primary account. Anyways, thanks for the assistance. You may close this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can not ask for a name change, and the only way for a name change is if it violates the COC. If people find it affensive then they will file a complaint against your gamertag! Happy I could help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Locking this thread as per Mash's request.

Sorry this didn't help.