Gamertag Issues

I was told that when i upgraded from the single xbox live to the family pack everyone in the account would be able to change their gamertag just once for free.  Well if this is the case I tried to change my gamertag and it told me that I have to have 800 microsoft points why is that i have never changed my gamertag since i have had my xbox live account and that has been for like 4-5 years.  I contacted support and they were no help what so ever.  Can someone please get back to me on this.  Thanks,

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm not sure where you heard you could change your account for free just by upgrading to the Family Pack, but here's the deal... When you sign up for Xbox live and let the system generate a Gamertag for you, you can change it for free. support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag.  You'll have you 30 days to change it for free. After that time, you have to pay 800 MS points to change it. I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Free gamertag change is only when you create an account for the first time, and you have 30 days to change it due to the randomly generated name.

There is no option to this by joining a family plan.

Sorry this didn't help.

A review of Microsoft's web pages for Xbox Family Pack shows nothing like this. Were you told that by an Xbox LIVE agent?

Sorry this didn't help.