gamertag issues

Whenever i sign in on my PC, my old gamer tag comes up and the problem is that I don't use that tag, it is not even on my console.  How do i delete my old gamertag so I can take advantage of my Zune pass.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The gamertag is probably linked to the email you use on your computer, you should make sure your email is signed out and you don't have the "keep me signed in" option ticked,

then log into the email you use for your current gamertag. that is for on your PC, to delete off Xbox here are the steps

You can delete profiles that you no longer use from your console. Here’s how:

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select one of the following:
  • Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
  • Select Delete Profile and Items to delete the profile and the associated saved games and achievements.
Other then that you Cannot delete your gamer profile off xbox servers. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Which gamertag is linked to your Microsoft account? The new one or the old one? My guess would be that your old account is still linked to your Microsoft account and you are trying to use the new gamertag but the old one is interfering. Check this link out on transferring gamertags support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account. If that isn't the issue come back and let us know if we can help further troubleshooting the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.