Gamertag issues.

I just bought the new slim 250 GB xbox and got everything transferred to it last night and today when I turned it on my gamertag showed 0 GS and had no avatar. I then turned my xbox off and when I restarted it my profile was completely gone. I went to recover it and it took forever and was not moving after a certain point so I turned off my console and tried again. when it started up my profile was back with the right GS, but not all of my games and achievements were showing up in my played games and i was not able to to sign into live with my account either.. now I am currently trying to recover my account again and it has been about an hour and a half and it is not even a quarter of the way complete... what is going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Recovering the account can take a while depending on the complexity of the account, how many games you've played, etc. While uncommon, it's not unheard of for the account recovery process to take an hour or more.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, thanks for the response. I have been reading into the issue and I saw that my profile save was corrupted so I deleted it. I am currently waiting for it to finish downloading. I have a question though, because some of the things that I read about corrupted profiles were having to do with them having been on systems that have been doing "naughty" things. I just bought this new xbox refurbished from best buy. Please don't tell me that the xbox could be corrupted and that is where my issues are coming from.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.