Gamertag Issue

Hello, I have recently been reading the "Code Of Conduct" and I have come across a portion of which states that I shouldn't have personal information presented in my gamertag for various reasons.  My gamertag holds my first and last name and also presents my area code.  I currently do not possess the funds necessary to change my gamertag; however, is there an other alternative which would allow me to change it to something less revealing? Thank you for your time and I hope we can get this resolved. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The only other way would be to have someone file a complaint on your account. If the enforcement team decides it does violate the terms then they will give you a forced name change which is not really good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have to disagree Smwutches, my previous gamertag contained personal information and I called Phone Support, and they gave me a free gamertag change without it being forced, meaning I just had to go to "Change Gamertag" and it let me change it for free. So you don't have to get someone to file a complaint, and I don't think it has to be forced. Back to you Joseph, just call Phone Support and they should be able to sort your gamertag problem out.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's actually the first time I've ever heard of support doing that. Usually they send people to the forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll second the support option. They should be able to give you a GT change if your GT contains Personal Information. Just give them a call and have a chat, hopefully they will be able to help!

Sorry this didn't help.