Gamertag Issue

Good evening,

I was told by the support desk to go on the message board to notify the enforcement team and ask about the status of the SS9267547 gamertag.

I was creating a xbox account via Windows 10 app only to find out that I did at one point have a account. I can’t seem to be able to access my account that’s attached to my gamer tag as I can’t figure the email, in fact the gamertag doesn’t seem to exist in the system the support team tried to look in. However I’m able to pull it up as a gamertag thats in use via Xbox software in Windows 10 and via https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/ChangeGamertag. Now the account hasn’t been used forever, I either created it with the original Xbox or in Games for Windows but can’t seem to access it at all.

Any help on this would be great, thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with accessing a lost account.  Please go to http://xbox.com/forgot/ to try to access your account.  Please keep in mind that gamertags are not cap and lower case sensitive when looking one up, but spaces do matter.  If that article does not assist you, please contact Xbox Phone support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the information, had already looked into all that, called and they are having issue with it to so guess I'm out of luck, thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Enforcement can't help with a gamertag that you forgot the email to.  If you decide to contact phone support again let them know you forgot the email address to your gamertag.  So long as you can answer some account specific questions regarding it they'll be able to give you the email address associated with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks I'll ask that next time I call. Really that's what I wanted to know is what email it was or at least the domain its at since I'm pretty sure the account was set for Games for Windows service which isn't in use any more, setup like 10 years ago for one game with I'm pretty sure I used a msn or hotmail email but they don't seem to exist in the new outlook system. I never did set my xbox's to live until today since tech support couldn't see my new account I created with the setup of windows 10 (via xbox app) too, might be why they have issues with my old account to if that's how I created it before. I'll call and see what they say. Thanks again!

Sorry this didn't help.