Gamertag issue or EA issue?

Recently while playing on this gamertag I am able to sign into the ea servers for Skate 3, BFBC2, or BF1943 1/200 tries meaning basically I can't play online at all.

I have gone back and forth with EA's customer service reps to no avail resetting my router, checking ports, doing a uo trace, resetting my date and time, and clearing my xbox cache. I was honestly getting sick of it and tried, which I don't even know why I did, using a different Gamertag.... and wouldn't you know it everytime I tried to sign into EA in the before mentioned games with the new tag it worked.

I then called EA to which their CS reps first reaction was ok well lets transfer your ea information onto the new tag and then delete you current account. Which my reaction of course was NOOOOOOO! Why would I want to get rid of/not use an account where i've spent hundreds of dollars on dlcs, arcade & full games, currently have months of gold left, and spent so much time raising my gamerscore? At the same time how do they even have the authority to do this?

When I told the rep I didn't want to do that he said to check my ports on my router again... Why would the ports be open on my router for one gamertag and not the other this makes no sense to me at all.

All of that said I really think there might be a problem with my gamertag and at this point don't know what to do... please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Do you have the age set correctly on your account? If the gae you have on your account is under 13 then you'll be unable to play on EA servers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I have an adult account(gamertag & EA login... i'm 21) and have been playing BFBC2 and BF1943 since those games launched this has just recently started happening.

Sorry this didn't help.

How long have you noticed this issue? Also, have you tried the original Gamertag from another console?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue and EA support just give you a big run around and blame it all back on you. I hope they fix it soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Head: Are you the only GT on your console having this issue, or does any GT there have it? Are you unable to connect if you move your GT to another console?

Sorry this didn't help.