Gamertag is messing up

My xbox live gamertag has recently changed the capitalization of letters, and i talked to an ambassador and he told me to post this here. I tried deleting the account and redownloading it and still is incorrect.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

What was the original spelling with proper capitalization, and what is it right now?  If the spelling/ capitalization changed, get in touch with Xbox Support. Unfortunately, they can't check the previous state of the gamertag, and it strikes me as odd personally that it changed at all, considered if you tried to change anything on it, while the gamertag remained the same spelling-wise, it would prevent you from doing so since the gamertag was already taken.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Zen! Unfortunately we can't do anything to help you change your Gamertag here on the Forums. My only suggestion would be to pay to change the GT to something else and then pay to change it back. I hope that helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Did they ever sort this out? My gamertag capitalization changed as well, but it's odd, sometimes it shows up correctly, sometimes not - it seems to differ depending on where it is being shown. I've never been able to get it fixed (and I've contacted support a few times).

Sorry this didn't help.