Gamertag is different between console and Xbox.com

My gamertag is different between my console and Xbox.com. It's not spelled differently or anything, it's just capitalized wrong.

When I created my profile, I entered my gamertag as "Agent CH". That's how it appears on my dashboard and in games, that's how it should be. However, for some odd reason, on Xbox.com and in-game leaderboards, it appears in all lowercase letters. This is incorrect, and I don't know why it happened. It didn't happen to my brother, who's on the same console. It doesn't affect anything, but it's wrong and it's bugging me. Using the gamertag changer would require two changes, since I can't change it to itself (because the tag is "already in use"), and I'm not going to pay for two changes to fix something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, even with the current discount.

Can someone over there at Microsoft fix it so it's properly capitalized as Agent CH, or am I stuck between paying way too much to fix something that's not even my fault or forever having an incorrectly capitalized gamertag?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I took this to XboxSupport on Twitter. Sadly, the only conclusion that could be reached was using the gamertag changer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Mister Fitzer, I have seen a number of posts in the old forums asking about the same thing (I'm not having this issue myself).  I'm just letting you know that the OP's problem is not isolated. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope. It's been like this since I created my profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, this is very odd. Did you change your Gamertag in the recent past, by chance?

Sorry this didn't help.