Gamertag Help?

Hello,

I originally posted this in the banning forum and was told:

"Apologies, but this forum is solely for the purpose of learning the reasoning behind individual Xbox LIVE account suspensions due to Terms of Use or Code of Conduct violations." by XBLPET Kilo

I wondered if anyone can help me here, or advise me who is best to talk to.

Basically my account  Kai JC got permanently banned years ago and I have learnt my lesson and have been following the code of conduct ever since, and trying to be a great member of the xbox community.

I would like to be able to have the Gamertag Kai JC that I own on my new account IK4I

Kai JC is perm banned and is just sitting there doing nothing. It has been inactive for years and as it was and still is mine, I was wondering if it is possible to be able to have that name again.

I would love to have the name Kai JC again for personal reasons. IK4I has enough Microsoft credit on it for a gamertag change and I was hoping that it can be changed to Kai JC

I originally talked to a representative on chat and they best advised me to post this on the forum.

If a member of staff could help me I would really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Kai

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry, but there is no way to request a gamertag.

It looks like that tag is actually in use at the moment though - live.xbox.com/.../Profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The tag isn't in use, it is where I've signed into it. It's perm banned. I don't see why I can't request this as it is mine, and I am not asking for the account to be unbanned. I just want the name. I have been on Xbox Live for over 5 years and thought that I might be able to have Kai JC on the IK4I account because I own the account and no-one is going to be able to use it until year 9999. This is why I asked to speak to a staff member, so I can discuss this situation further.

Thank you for your reply however.

Kind Regards,

Kai

Sorry this didn't help.

A banned account still means it is still in use

the account isnt deleted it is just not allowed to connect to live

there is no way to request an banned account to be renamed

If you wanted it free you shouldve done it before you did something that violates the terms of use

live life and play fair it is that simple

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately you will not be able to use your old tag, the reason for this is because the old tag has been banned from Xbox Live and is no longer available for use on Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey IK4I,

At all times I believe the account and tags on the xbox live service remain the property of Microsoft, and are licensed by each of us.

3.    SCOPE OF LICENSE. The application is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the application. If Microsoft disables the ability to use the applications on your devices pursuant to your agreement with Microsoft, any associated license rights will terminate. Application provider reserves all other rights.

So while you previously used the Tag, your use of it ceased when it was suspended from Xbox live services (granted you can still play it offline, but it can't use the xbox live services). Anyone could create an offline tag called Kai JC.

I can appreciate the desire to resurrect the tag, but it was that name that didn't follow the CoC or ToS, so it is that name that the enforcement action was taken against - to allow the name to be resurrected in any form kind of defeats the object of the suspension.

While I wish you luck in your endeavour. I can say with certainty ( as those above me have) that you won't be able to get hold of that name for use on xbox live again!

Sorry this didn't help.