Gamertag help.

Hello,
Recently I enquired about the gamertag 'Elu' to xbox support.
 This gamertag has been inactive for the past 5 years or more, meaning the owner of the gamertag has either changed accounts by now, does not own an xbox or simply does not have the sufficient funds for xbox live. 
This gamertag has centimental value to me and I would highly appreciate it if you could reset it to my account as 5 years is as long as anyone should get before a gamertag is reset.
 I am willing to pay 800 microsoft points for the gamertag change.
Regards,
Jordan

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

You cannot request for a gamertag to be freed up so you can claim it.

You can not offer to buy accounts, attempting to do so can get your account and or console permanently banned as it violates the www.xbox.com/legal/codeofconduct

He wasn't asking to buy an account he was asking if the gamertag name Elu could be freed up. Gamertag names can be reset but it won't happen OP as Microsoft won't do/ no longer does it. The reason why they no longer free up names is due to certain people taking multiple gamertag names for themselves and selling the accounts to make a profit. Sorry OP but it wont happen.

[quote user="Auswolf7"]He wasn't asking to buy an account he was asking if the gamertag name Elu could be freed up. Gamertag names can be reset but it won't happen OP as Microsoft won't do/ no longer does it. The reason why they no longer free up names is due to certain people taking multiple gamertag names for themselves and selling the accounts to make a profit. Sorry OP but it wont happen.[/quote]So for policing a common and harmless practice, the GamerTags are forever wasted.

Which causes 90% of XBL members to have all this xXxXx00000 stuff at either end of their name.

People registering usernames or website domains that they think are unique is nothing new.

It happens on every major platform such as Twitter, Hotmail and domain registers.

Just seems a massive shame as they could be recycled in batches without Microsoft even announcing it?

That way no one would know what name has been recycled and when.

It would just be pot luck that someone trys the name and its available.

Seems a far more sensible and fair option. But sadly, I'm not the CEO of Microsoft.

They are not going to bother freeing up one gamertag for a person, but I'm fairly sure they will do a sweep of gamertags in the future as I believe they did so a couple years back.

[quote user="DADDY BENNY"]

Which causes 90% of XBL members to have all this xXxXx00000 stuff at either end of their name.

[/quote]Would this be defined as a "First World Problem" ??

[quote user="Eggnogga"][quote user="DADDY BENNY"]Which causes 90% of XBL members to have all this xXxXx00000 stuff at either end of their name[/quote]Would this be defined as a "First World Problem" ??[/quote]Of course not. Why the silly question?

But it is becoming ridiculous and an eyesore.

Much simpler to do a sweep of dis-used names and recycle them in batches.

Now go ahead with your next sarcastic comment and Ill do my upmost to answer it.

Still using MS points OP ?????  Somthing aint right here.......    --Never trust a silver member--   :)

Yeah it's not going to happen. You just need to come up with a new name or keep the name you got. I had to do it when I wanted to pick some names. Instead I just chose the next best thing and I'm sticking with it. :)