Gamertag Help

Well here's the deal.. I want to change my gamertag, I respect that there are millions of gamertags out there! but..

I want it to be specific, and not go any ways around it by having double letters etc in it! 

But..!! .. the gamertag I want is already in use. yet it seems clearly not, it has 0 gamerscore, the standard 3 star rep, doesn't have gold membership and doesn't say when it was last online, just sais offline.

Obviously someone already has this account, but surely can anything be done with an inactive account? Or will I just have to deal with me not being able to have that gamertag? 

Either way I don't mind, would just like to ask if anyone knows what can or can't be done :) 

Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

No there can't be anything done about it unfortunately. Accounts are deleted from time to time, you will just have to wait for it to become available when if ever they decide to clear out gamertags again. Your best bet at information about that would be to look at MajorNelson's website > http://www.majornelson.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.