Gamertag hate mail

I got an xbox one as an early christmas present. I forgot how offensive it was at the time I made it and I've grown up since then. For those that don't know it says: [Mod Removed] - and quite a few people have taken offense to that. I don't blame them, nor am I angry that they have sent me hate about it. I tried contacting support but they directed me here to try and get my gamertag changed because I just don't have the money to change it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

To get a forced name change, another player would have to file a complaint on your tag for the report to go to the enforcement team. While they could give you a FNC having something like that on your enforcement record is not something you want.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your gamertag is quite offensive and violates the end user code of conduct.   *tsk tsk*  Unfortunately, the only way to get a forced (free) name change is to be reported by players.  But, your best bet would be to pay for the gamertag name change as soon as you could afford it.  It doesn't look good to have to be forced to change your name for violating Xbox COC.

Source: www.xbox.com/.../codeofconduct  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.