Gamertag Hacked.

So roughly 6 months ago my xbox live account was hacked/high-jacked and my gamertag stolen.

Since then, I've repeatedly called mircosoft/xbox live support. As of today, NOTHING has been done to sole my problem.

I've talked to a multitude of different reps, each trying different things to solve my problem before whisking my service ticket away to their mythical "tech" department. (Which is bound by magical principals and has no contact number)

I've sat on the phone with several reps that have been incredibly helpful, we've found a dummy account linked to my own gamertag that mirrors everything including credit card information whenever it's updated or re-entered. But each time, after we've sat down and looked it over, my ticket is then sent "upstairs" and I'm promised a call back; which is never placed. I have yet to get a single call back from anyone at xbox in the entire 6 months this thing has been going on.

This shows a horrible lack of principal, and a blatant disregard for your customers.

Honestly I've lost all hope in ever attaining my old gamertag, and all I'd truly want now is to gain access to my download history and be able to redownload all the arcade games/game updates and map packs that I've bought over the years...

I'm on here hoping to find someone else that's maybe gone through something similar and has been able to get microsoft to listen, and take action.

Anyone have any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ask them to start an "unauthorized access" report. This will immediately lock your account while they perform their investigation. This is really your only avenue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, they've done that about 6 times. Only to call my and tell me everything's fixed. When in actuality they've done literally nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Correction, only to have me call them back, to them having done literally nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ridiculous, worst, most horrible customer service of all time.

Just got off the phone with xbox again for the millionth time, only to have them tell me FINALLY that there is NOTHING they can do.

So I ask them to allow me to re-download my arcade games onto my new gamer profile only to be told no.

Sorry, nothing we can do.

Which is a complete lie, as I've been gifted microsoft points before to attempt a gamertag change to fix the problem.

All in all the absolute worst experience I've ever had with a company.

Shady, and down right rude.

Sorry this didn't help.

How did you get hacked? Phishing site? I don't see why they can't transfer licenses...

Sorry this didn't help.

It wasn't through any phishing site.

It may have been through the Bungie.net breach that happened a few months back. (Seeing as that's the only site other xbox.com that I've ever logged into.)

The reason a license transfer won't work, is that whenever I recover my account it recovers a blank dummy account instead of my own. So it doesn't even have license over the content I've downloaded.

That being said, I don't think it's too much to ask (since I'll never, ever get my old account back) that I atleast be able to re-download my content that I PAID for...

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry man I don't see M$ doing that even though they most certainly should especially if it was from bungie.net getting hacked.

Sorry this didn't help.

My Account has gotten hacked in the last week, I was able to get it back with quick thinking, I got home from school, saw that it was no longer on my hard drive, I was able to get it back because he did not change the password nor email account so was able to get it back and change everything. I then contacted xbox live and told them what had happened and that I have credit card details on it and it turns out he spend 100 dollars on Halo:Reach Map packs.. After I was helped, I was told that it was going to be going under investigation by "Escalation" or something like that, since it's only been a small time since I was told Im still wondering if anything is going to happen and if I will get a refund. The Reason I can not get a Refund easy is because He bought stuff with the 6000 microsoft points which makes it nonrefundable. So yea.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you email and password was the same on bungie.net, you should have changed your password as soon as you knew they had been compromised.

Sorry this didn't help.

You log into bungie.net through the same windows live server.

The passwords we attained through a hole in their security, much like the ps3 network hack.

Changing a password would do nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.