Gamertag fraud from 3rd party site resulting in much spam!

Recently I noticed quite a few more unsolicited messages and friend requests in my inbox than normal. I didn't have any idea why, but luckily one of them mentioned where they found my tag - a site called [Page removed] 

I never signed up for this website, yet my tag is being used for an account on there, with someone else's pictures.

I've contacted the website and received no response. I have posted in their forums and received no response. I have posted on the page with my tag on it, and my post was removed. I continue receiving unwanted messages (I don't give my tag out to anyone I don't know), and the account remains there. I have offered to verify that I am in possession of this account, as I would be able to send and receive messages from it, while the person on the website saying they are me would not be able to.

What else is there that I can do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

complain to the said website webmaster

now if it is something like playfire.com then its simple set privacy to friends only

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

The best thing to do is to open the offending GamerTag who is sending the SPAM and do the following:

1. Block Communications
  2. File Complaint
  3. Set your Privacy settings (under your Account settings) to Friends Only

Hopefully, this will curb the SPAM and discourage the phisher.  Also, filing the complaint will red flag the phisher for the Enforcement Team.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not a phisher, it's someone random with daddy issues or something who just needed a gamertag to sign up to a website to garner male attention. Having MY gamertag there with their pictures means it's random strangers sending messages to me, thinking it's her. Entirely pointless. No one is even actually trying to access the back end of my account, they're just using my tag as if it was them.

To sign up for the website, you put in 'your' gamertag, and then sign up with that as your username. They verify nothing at all, so this person is signed up with my tag, without my permission, or anyone's permission.

I do play online, so blocking everyone else from sending me messages because of some random person misusing my name does not sound like a very good option. It's not just one person messaging me, it's many people messaging me, because they think I am someone else who is soliciting these messages.

I'll try the webmaster, but I'm not sure how much help I'll get there unless they actually go through the effort to try to verify the account, which seems pretty doubtful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh snaps, looks like they may have finally gotten around to it and disabled the account! Now the account comes up as being invalid. Hurray, no more flooded inbox!

Sorry this didn't help.

for those you play online with you friend request them or visa versa

Sorry this didn't help.