Gamertag Changing Issues

I made a second account for friends and family to use on my Xbox One. I went to change the gamertag and it appeared to have gone through. Later that night, I signed into the account and it still has the Microsoft generated gamertag (Adjective-Noun-Number). Whenever I try to change it back to the same gamertag I had chosen before, it says it's reserved and I can't use it, despite the fact I had changed my name to it earlier that day. Whenever I try to find the account with the name I want, it says the user cannot be found. I find it extremely unlikely that someone took the name, and then got banned within hours of me attempting to change my name. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Or, have I taken up a gamertag without even changing my name?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:
Answer

It can sometimes take a while for the update to happen, so please wait at least 1 day from when you requested the change.

When you changed the gamertag on the other account of yours were you charged?

If you was and 1 day has passed I would suggest contacting Xbox Support via this link, do not choose to speak with an ambassador but choose to speak with a support agent instead support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.