Gamertag changed for being Inapropriate

I received a email from Microsoft today saying this "Your Gamertag was brought to the attention of the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox Live users or in the course of our operation of the service. The Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding your Gamertag and determined it violates the Xbox Live Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your Gamertag is in violation of these agreements, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has enacted this forced change." I try to change my gamertag from the one they auto generated for me to remove my old gamertag and its asking me to pay a fee of $9.99. Is there a way for me to get a free name change? Considering the fact I do NOT want the name that was forcefully given to me.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope you will have to pay to change it after it was changed for you by the PET.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, but no. The enforcement team no longer gives a free forced name change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Next time live life and play fair read the terms of use

Be glad you got a second chance too many forced name changes can result in a perm ban of the account

Sorry this didn't help.

*** there 2nd chance I hope they ban me, I never had this problem from Playstation. GG *** Microsoft

Sorry this didn't help.

well in the PAST if your name was found inappropriate and somebody reported it you would get a prompt that says you cannot go online til you change your tag.  the thing was people were just making another name that was just as bad (sometimes just adding a number or 2 next to the tag) and they would get another free tag, well the PET said enough of this, we are gonna change it for you and if you want to change it to something else you have to pay for it, blame it on those who abused the free forced name change.  just be glad you can even change your tag once you create a tag on PSN you cannot change it at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im not glad, im mad actually. Very mad. Why? Besides the fact that I only play GTA V Online, and getting reported cause its "inappropriate" and GTA V has way worst things, they renamed me to QuietKid. Where Im from, anyone whos 18+ isn't considered a kid anymore and the term "kid" used against those who are not, is an insult. Im 21 almost 22 years of age, served in the military until injured. For them to rename me and label me as a "Kid" is a kick in the nuts. So with that being said. I am mad, and I will speak my opinion. If they want to ban me, so be it. I rather them do that then to insult me until I change my name for $9.99 (which I will not do) im selling my crap and going back to PSN. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Frankly I do believe "kid" applies because only someone quite immature would include something in their gamer tag that would cause the XBLPET to change it.  It's not like they just see something that's a minor offensive term and force a change, it has to be quite vulgar or offensive.  An adult wouldn't have such content in a public name... just saying.

As was said, you technically committed a breach of legal contract by choosing such an inappropriate gamer tag.  As an adult--and a member of a military organization--I'd assume you know the value of keeping one's promises then again apparently you do not because you so flagrantly violate legally binding contracts that you sign.

If you want a new name you're going to pay the $9.99, consider it a service charge for breaking your word of honor. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Once again that is false, the only way they would make a assumption of my gamertag of being against the Terms of use and/or Code of Conduct is that if they do not know how to read. So I did not break anything, and did not break my word of honor. For you to assume I did so is quiet immature itself. Thank You, have a great day. In conclusion, the word "kid" can be used as an insult of a matter of ones feelings. Im aware they did not know or meant to offend me, but when I told them that it did and requested a name change or have them auto generate another name for me, they did not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope it is auto generated next time choose your name wisely and live life and play fair simple words to abide by

Gaming services are rated E for everyone

And names do have to be follow the rules

Sorry this didn't help.

The XBLPET does not "make assumption(s)" when it comes to ToS/CoC violations.  If your name did not violate the rules it would not have been changed.  Really pretty simple.

Sorry this didn't help.