Gamertag change

Hi, my friends think they are funny so they Changed my gamertag (costing me £7.99 ****) can you change it back please? I thought my code needed to be put in to buy something, but obviously not! 

Lol

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

hideth3s4us4ge,

Unfortunately you, and only you, are responsible for your account. The only way you can change your gamertag now is to pay for another change to put it back to what you originally had. Sorry I could not give you better news.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would also like to recommend doing this as quickly as possible before the enforcement team sees your gamertag and issues you a forced name change.

Any enforcement action on your account can have adverse affects on things you may want to take part in in the future.  For example, the ambassadors program requires you to have no enforcement action on your account for the year prior to applying and the preview program removes people who have enforcement action on their accounts.

As for the cost of the change.  I would recommend approaching your friends and telling them a good joke - the bill of £15.98 for the cost of two gamertag changes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.