Gamertag Change

I have to change my Gamertag. I accidentally signed up my gamertag as my first and last name. I don't have the 800 Microsoft Points to change my gamertag name. If you can change my gamertag, please change it.

I was told by Xbox Customer Support that I have to post in the forums.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately support once again gives poor advice.

-

The only time they let you change your gamertag for free is if the account was created this year, since they now assign a random gamertag during the creation process, and that is only for the first 30 days.

-

Second is when they issue a Forced Name Change for the gamertag being rude or offensive. Given that your name is likely not in violation of the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, you wont be eligible.

-

I'm afraid you are going to have to buy those 800 points.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But on the Xbox Live Code of Conduct, it says the following.

[quote]

Don't give out personal information of other players (such as their real name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way (including, without limitation, through voice chat or the names you create for your gamertag or mottos). This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. You should also avoid giving out your own personal information.

[/quote]

Since my gamertag is my personal name (first name and last name) isn't that like giving out your personal information to other players?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, but does it state in that print it will result in a Forced Gamertag Change?

You will need to request it to an XBLPET, although it can be difficult to get a hold of them, I suggest giving it a try.

Otherwise, try having one person file a complaint on your gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Muckfoot: This issue is not going to be resoled with a free name change. Please change your GT though the normal paid channel to correct this, and please be careful with your account information in the future. http://xbox.com/security

Sorry this didn't help.