Gamertag Change When The Gamertag Was Not Meant To Be Offensive

I feel as though my Gamertag was wrongfully viewed as offensive.  I have held my Gamertag for about 5 years and it was (KySweatyYeti which the Ky is for the state I live in; which stands for Kentucky.  So in short it is KentuckySweatyYeti).  I feel as though people misconstrued what the abbreviation was for and kept their minds in the gutter.  When I arrived home last night and saw the change to my GT I was highly upset that it was deemed as such; more so since my name is not Joey.  What I am saying is that if I can not recover my GT for the public being offensive, allow me to change it without charging me for a misunderstanding to something that is not offensive and cannot thought as such.  This is the only time where I feel as if I were betrayed by microsoft through my experience with them; I just wish to rectify this so I can maintain my gaming personality.  So I request another name change without charge to something that suits my gamer needs.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:
Answer

For an official answer from the enforcement team, you will need to post here - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

It doesn't matter what you mean for the gamertag to be, if it can be misconstrued as something that violates the code of conduct, then the enforcement team will issue a forced name change. Per the code of conduct that you agreed to, if you are given a forced name change, they will issue a randomly generated tag and you will need to pay to change it to something else. There is no way to get a free change.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.