Gamertag Change Request Back to [MOD REMOVED - LANGUAGE]

Hello, anyone who reads this :).  I was just told to change my gamertag from [MOD REMOVED - LANGUAGE] to something else. I would like to dispute this. I know the name is childish and silly, but it isn't inappropriate. I have come across many rude, inappropriate gamertags, and not once have I ever been told mine was offensive or inappropriate. I often hear laughter and amusement with my tag, it makes me happy to hear people laugh at it. But no one has ever expressed any type of offense to my tag. I am rather shocked that I was chosen to change my tag, when I see racial slurs, names, foul language, and worse go unnoticed for years.

I am formally requesting to change my gamertag back to [MOD REMOVED - LANGUAGE] for this reason. It originated as an inside joke amongst my friends, and I would really be quite devastated to lose it as my tag. I believe if I was reported, it was because I beat someone in a game of some kind or something. I'll admit my tag is immature, and silly, but it isn't rude, offensive or inappropriate. If I was trying to get around some kind of filter, I would have done what everyone else does, and replace the letters with some kind of number, as those tags seem to go unnoticed for years.

I feel like I was wrongly told to change my tag, I don't feel it is offensive, and no one I have ever spoken to, or heard talk on xbox for that matter, has said anything about how obnoxious or rude my tag was. I have spoken to support (Desiree is very helpful and directed me here) and they said they have heard of this problem, and everyone who has had this issue has been successful with their case. So I hope to continue with that legacy. Thank you for your time. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspxhttp://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspxhttp://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspxhttp://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

it isnt what you think is offencive that is the issue

it is what the community and the xbl pet team says is offencive and I have to say its pretty offencive

you may not refer to anything sexual

no only a few rare cases have been oveeturned

and icustomer support isnt the pet team

and they have final say

you mayninquire about the reason for an name change but thaisnt up for dispute

if you make such a post it here to inquire about the namechangr but any arguement will just get the post denied

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can get an official answer from the enforcement team here...

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

-

Please note if you continue to create offensive gamertags you could receive a harsher punishment such as a permanent account suspension. Since you didn't change the tag all that much you could be seeing another FNC in the future.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

yes we dont suggest you make minor changes to circumvent the system

repeat offencive names can result in a ban of your account forever

live life and play fair it is that simple

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand it isn't what I think is offensive, I am aware of how support works. Which is why I mentioned the community, and how I really only hear laughs, never once has anyone ever said anything, or even hesitated to be friendly with me (those who are willing to be if you know what I mean..just some mean people on LIVE)...But someone reports my tag, where ones that are actually hurtful to someone's race/ethnicity/sexuality go untouched, and they've been around for years..and I know the answer "oh but we just haven't seen the tags yet". Which I understand, but I know it was just someone angry at my play style or something in a video game.

Thank you for your reply though. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Also: I didn't change it in a minor way to avoid the system, I changed it slightly so people know who I am while I get this worked out.

Sorry this didn't help.

ou will need to create another account to post in the said forums

ans please follow the rules

and if they issue another forced gamertag change it can result in strike 2

too many forced gamertag changes they will ban you permantely

your gamertag must be clean at all times

including for forum posts

a minor change doesnt change the offence

live life ans play fair it is that simple

gamertag changes are only sent out when they are sentout not 5 years before not yesterday but the day of

unless you created a time machine where you canreverse time 

Sorry this didn't help.

Regardless of the intent behind the gamertag, once the Enforcement team deems the tag offensive there is rarely a reversal. But see what they say in the forum I posted above.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's clear something up first here. It doesn't matter if you beat someone in a game and they report you 'x' amount of times. As long as you have done nothing to violate the Terms of Service or Code of Conduct nothing will come of those reports. Filing false reports is in fact something the enforcement team takes seriously because it takes their time away from actual offenders so the people filing them will be punished.

If your GT was not offensive, as per the Code of Conduct, then you would not have been forced to change it. The XBL PET would have just ignored the report and moved on and you wouldn't even know anyone filed against you.

Once a tag is deemed offensive by the XBL PET it is not undone. You'll have to come up with another one, this time keeping within the Code of Conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.

Even though it might not appear offensive if you take the name literally, but it can easily be miss interpreted as a figure of speech for something sexual. Something the enforcement team will not take lightly.

Sorry this didn't help.