Gamertag Change Problem

ok so i have this really weird problem and i don't know how or why it happened. so earlier today i decided i wanted to change my gamertag and was just fooling around typing in different gamertags and i finally found one i wanted and it said it was available. so, keeping the gamertag in mind i just typed in some others to see if i was sure i wanted this new one. i couldn't find any better ones so i typed in the one i thought was good that was JUST available again and it said the gamertag was taken. i honestly didn't think someone had taken it in the 5 minutes between when it said it was available and when it wasn't so i decided to message the person that had possibly just taken the gamertag. i typed it in and it said "this gamertag is not on xbox live" or something like that so i went back and tried to change it again but it said "gamertag is already taken". the gamertag was Fresh n Frostyy and after a little toying with it i figured out that if i typed anything starting with "Fresh" it was always unavailable. for example i typed in Fresh werg556k and Fresh ood883 (things that were obviousley not taken) and it said they were already taken. it seems to me that for whatever reason xbox has blocked me from using any gamertag starting with "Frosty" and i dont know why. if anyone could help or explain why this happened that would be great and any feedback at all would be appreciated, thanks guys

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Even if it doesn't show up as an Xbox gamertag, tags are also used on other Microsoft services, such as Zune. It could also be a spacing issue. For example, if I wanted to use your gamertag but spell it "bsuniverse" the system would say it's already taken even though you have a space in it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.