Gamertag Change *PLEASE READ*

I Just Talked With Someone On The Phone About Some Man Trying To Find Out Where I Live Because My Last Name Is In My Gamertag..I Would Please Like To Change It If i Could Please Have A Free Change To Prevent Future Things Like This Happening :/

Thank You For Taking Your Time To Read This.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Unfortunately you cannot request a free gamertag change. But, you can try to have somebody file a complaint on the gamertag. Otherwise, you need to change it for 800 Microsoft Points. I also suggest blocking communications with the user, file a complaint and avoid the user.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="fyerball72"]

Pay the 800 to change it and block the user. One complaint on your gametag will not get you a free FNC. You would need a few and the gametag would need to be questionable in nature. Besides the fact, how would anyone at all know that is your last name? You must have told someone it was. That falls in line with, don't give out personal information.

[/quote]Actually, wait until tomorrow.  The cost for a name change will go down from 800 MS Points to 560 MS Points, but only for one week.  

You aren't going to get a free name change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually it does only take 1 valid complaint. It's up to the enforcement team to decide if an FNC is justified or not though.

Sorry this didn't help.

One, no one would know it was your last name unless you were to tell them as it is not a usual one.

Two, most people leave a trace of their existence on the internet where ever they go. You so far haven't left a single scrap.

Sorry this didn't help.

Pay the 800 to change it and block the user. One complaint on your gametag will not get you a free FNC. You would need a few and the gametag would need to be questionable in nature. Besides the fact, how would anyone at all know that is your last name? You must have told someone it was. That falls in line with, don't give out personal information.

Sorry this didn't help.