gamertag change, need help please....

i am need of some help, please to all. i need to change my gamertag because of privacy issues and possible hacking of my account. i was receiving numerous threats from other gamers i played against saying that they will hack my account and cause a lot of trouble. i need to change it asap please help and report my gamertag so i can change it.

thank you for your consideration

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

They can threaten, bluster and bully, but if you do not give up your information, especially your Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID and Password) they can't hack you. But, if they have your Microsoft Account and Password, a gamertag change will not protect you, so there's no point in a change. Instead, set up your Privacy settings to allow voice and text only from Friends, and they won't be able to harass you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have my account secured and my info was not shared. its just that i dont want these people to follow the exisitng gamertag and try to do what ever they think they can do. thats why iam asking for help in changing my gamertag at no cost. so please help i want to start over with a clean slate with no problems, thats allo

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry if you want the name changed you are going to have to pay for it.  since yours does not violate any rules it won't get a free forced name change.

Sorry this didn't help.