Gamertag Change Issues

Hello, I am attempting to change my current gamertag into another but Xbox Live is informing me that the gamertag I desire is taken. However, I have checked the xbox live database and no such gamertag exists nor does it contain any profanity or offensive language, unless the word 'Almighty' is considered a religious slur. Can anybody help me in regards to changing my gamertag? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I apologize for the double post but I did some reading and apparently the problem is that somebody else has the gamertag I want without a space in between the two words. I find this to be a moronic method to prevent impersonation and am extremely disappointed to have purchased microsoft points and in turn received nothing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="JagOwnz"]

I apologize for the double post but I did some reading and apparently the problem is that somebody else has the gamertag I want without a space in between the two words. I find this to be a moronic method to prevent impersonation and am extremely disappointed to have purchased microsoft points and in turn received nothing.

[/quote]

That can be the issue, but you also need to take note that the gamertag system is also used for Zune, not just for Xbox LIVE. So it is possible that it is taken by someone who uses Zune.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is also a possibility that somebody had used the gamertag before.

Microsoft have only recently begun recycling old gamertags into the system again.

Hence, the reason it doesnt come up on xbox.com but you cant use it.

A bit of an inconvenience, but hey.... thats life.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think the gamertag "Almighty" will ever become available again. Its just too original of a name. You may wanna try something like "King Almighty" just as a suggestion.

Sorry this didn't help.