Gamertag change glitch, error? PLEASE FIX THIS.

Okay, so the other day I changed my gamertag from "The Steeley" to "x S H S", or at least I tried to. After changing the gamertag my profile signed me out telling me that my membership wasn't valid any more, when I have a gold membership that doesn't expire until the end of august. It then recommended I re-download the profile to my Xbox, so I tried, and failed. Every time I try too, an error code pops up " 80151006" telling me it cannot be downloaded at this time. So I thought okay, maybe someone has hacked my account? I signed into my hotmail and onto here, changed the passwords and they're both fine, but on here, it's still telling me I have my old gamertag "The Steeley" yet it's taken the 800 ms points from my account for the change which hasn't been made. Although I clearly have because when I try to download my profile it says "HI x S H S". So I contacted support and I've done everything they told me to do, from clearing the cache, to delete it and download it again, to change passwords, to remove all updates, to try download it to a flash drive etc etc. All has failed. The list is endless and still no solution? I get the feeling somewhere during the gamertag change something has gone wrong, like, really wrong. Can someone please tell me how to get my account back? All i want to do is just play some Xbox, Damn it guys! :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 123 Applies to:

Hm, if you look up S H S it shows a different profile than The Steeley. I have run into something similar but the profile's kinda... overlapped on the website.

When you searched for the tag it... varied what it brought up.

Can phone support bring up the tags separately or can they not find one of the tags? Make sure its got the right info....

And probably will need to escalate for a manual fix.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well on the 'x S H S' profile that won't download properly onto my Xbox, it says I have no gamer score or gamer picture or  whatever, it seems a whole new account, but that maybe because it won't fully download. Anyway, yeah, the woman I was speaking to said that she searched and couldn't find any profile related with the gamertag 'x S H S' whereas she could, however, find 'The Steeley' but, as said before, I changed it from 'The Steeley' just before it crashed and booted me off. They should know this because i added 2100 microsoft points to my account which gave me a total of 2200, I changed my gamertag and bought 2 packs of profile pictures, I now have 1320mps, the same gamertag and no profile to play on. Woop! -_-

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, when I look up your gamertag "x S H S" it displays correctly. If the gamertag change is still not propping correctly I would recommend following up with phone support. They will be able to offer you more assistance on this issue. Really sorry we can't help you more over the forums! Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry this didn't help.