Gamertag Change (because of hate)

Hello 

My name is Lucien. My XBL Gamertag is orpund. And thats my problem. My XBL and some IRL "friends" keep on mocking me because of it. Like: "That sounds [Mod Removed]", "Couldnt come up with any better idiot?", "How do you even pronounce that?" e.t.c.

I had a live chat with one of your Operators but she couldnt change it and told me to make a post here.

The SR number is [Mod Removed]

I hope that you can change my Gamertag because i dont like all the hate I'm getting.

Thank you very much

Lucien

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

You will have to pay to change your gamertag. The enforcement team will only issue a forced name change if your gamertag violates the code of conduct. They will change it to a randomly generated tag, not one you get to choose.

If you're being harrassed on Live, file a complaint on those users.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

Unfortunately unless your name breaks the Code of Conduct you won't be issued a forced name change. If you do get a Forced Name change by the Enforcement team, an automatically generated name is issued.

Either way you will have to pay to change it.

You can join Xbox Rewards or Bing rewards to earn rewards towards a name change, but it will take some time.

Wish I had more.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

My gamertag was changed due to a high amount of people reporting it. My gamertag that Microsoft gave me was TouchyWhelp485. Who would even want this, a five year old can make a better gamertag than this. Anyway the main reason why I am complaining about this is because I did not recieve any kind of money or Microsoft Points to change it to a gamertag of my preference and I DO NOT want to spend $10 on a gamertag that was changed unwillingly.

I hope that someone at Microsoft will see this and compensate for my issues that they have caused

Thank you very much.

Eddie

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't get a forced name change just because a lot of people complain about it. It only takes one valid complaint for the enforcement team to investigate and if they find that your name violates the code of conduct they give you a forced name change. They do not give you any form of compensation. If you want a different name you will have to pay for it.

Sorry this didn't help.