Gamertag capitalization incorrect (sometimes)

This is an odd problem that only I seem to have.

My gamertag is BoxOnMyHead.  Note the 4 capital letters.

However, in certain places, such as online (these forums and other Xbox-related sites) and leaderboards, it shows up as Boxonmyhead.

In games and on the dashboard, the gamertag is displayed correctly.  With the new dashboard, though, I now see the incorrect capitalization when I connect and it tells me the # of friends online, ie. "Boxonmyhead has 4 friends online" (although in the top right of the screen, of course, it shows the correct capitalization).

What the hell is going on, and how can I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

On this type of issue you would need to contact customer service (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and see if they will allow you 1 free gamertag change or see if they can edit it for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there! If you can, could you provide me with screenshots showing the difference in your GT? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Gwyther,

I don't have any video capture hardware, so I just took some quick pictures of my TV.

[View:http://i.imgur.com/iMrPA.jpg]

[View:http://i.imgur.com/KQtn4.jpg]

As you can see in the first image, my gamertag appears correctly (BoxOnMyHead) on the console.  I've never seen the issue while playing any multiplayer game.

But the second image shows the discrepancy; it shows both BoxOnMyHead in the top right corner and "Boxonmyhead has 4 friends online" at the bottom.  I also see Boxonmyhead on Xbox.com (just look how it's displayed for this post), my mobile Xbox Live app, and other gaming-related websites which pull gamertag info.  It's also capitalized incorrectly on most leaderboards on the console, and one friend told me that he saw it incorrectly when I sent him a message.

Please let me know if you can fix this.  I've had the problem for a long time and ignored it, but it's really starting to bother me.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the feedback Box! I'll see what I can find out about this and get back to you. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there - unfortunately this is not an issue we have a fix for at this time. It is a known issue that we are investigating, but we do not currently have any further information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seeing as this is an error on your end and I pay annually for this service, could I possibly be provided with a couple of free gamertag changes (as lukear9 suggested)?  I assume switching back to the GT would solve the issue, and I've already been waiting three years for a fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have the ability to provide you with this, but you could contact phone support to see if that is something they could do for you. Let me know if you find resolution there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.