Gamertag cannot connect to Xbox Live

After being on the phone with Xbox Customer Support for 90 minutes and getting disconnected, I decided to try my hand here. During my network test, everything checks out ok (open NAT and everything), but I can't sign in with my Gamertag. The customer service rep then asked me to make a free 1-month account to see if that would sign on to Xbox Live, and it worked just fine.

My account is not suspended, and this started happening after I downloaded the latest system update. For some reason, I cannot recover the Gamertag or anything.

I don't want to lose the account. I'd hate having to restart my Gamerscore, I have a bunch of Microsoft Points left on my account and have bought a lot of things. I don't want to lose any of it.

Hopefully I'm being specific enough, but if not just ask if you're confused about anything and I'll try to clear things up.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This has also happened to me I dont know what to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Grrrr... me too... I log into xbox live with user and password - try recover gamertag - its starts downloading then - error - cant recover gamertag... strange thing is that it creates a new profile, but size is only about 75-85K (it varies cause i have tried many times now) with same result each time...

More frustrating is that it wont let me play music from USB stick cause it says i need to download Media update via xbox live... crazy circle...

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm just gonna bump this to see if anyone can help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, if you're able to recover other accounts besides your own, then the issue is definitely tied to the GT, and working with phone support will be your best bet for reaching resolution. Please do let me know if you run into further complications or issues, though.

Sorry this didn't help.