Gamertag attached to two different WIndows Live accounts?

Hello,

I was following the instructions to swap Gamertags found in one of the FAQ sections of the site, but something might have gone wrong. After I transferred my first account (this one) to a different Windows Live account I noticed some odd behavior. For example, I can log into xbox.com with either Windows Live login and both will log me in as this Gamertag. The old account gives me an error when I try to go to "My Account" however. This is a problem since I still want to transfer a different Gamertag to the old Windows Live account, but it thinks that it is still tied to this Gamertag and doesn't let the transfer go through. Is this something that will resolve itself with time, or is there something going wrong in the backend?

Thanks for any help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Feline,

I would suggest clearing the system cache. Follow the instructions from this link.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Be sure to do this 3 times in a row and then restart your console using the guide button on your controller.

Let us know if this helps or not and we can look further into the issue.

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.