Gamertag and email addresses

Hi

Hopefully someone can help with this.

Last night I changed my sons linked email address from one of mine to his own outlook.com address. He was already added as a family member.

When he turned on his xbox one, his gamertag had changed to a generic microsoft one and all his game progresses are no longer there.

If I log on to xbox.com, it still shows his original gamertag and acheivements, but both our xboxes show him as the generic gamertag.

What the hell happened?!! Can it be retreived?

Sorry for the double post

TIA

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

When you changes the sign in email for the account, you will need to remove and re-add the account to the console.  Please double tap the Xbox button on your controller and go to Settings>All Settings>Account>Remove accounts>Remove the account you changed the email for.  Then power cycle your console by holding down the power button on the front of the console for about 15 seconds until it shuts down.  Once done, double tap the Xbox button on your controller, go to the profile tab at the top>Add "& Manage>Add new.  Type in the new Microsoft account email address and password for the account.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.