Gamerscore Issues (AGAIN!!!)

I last played a game that unlocked achievements on sunday 11th october 2015, after playing that game I was left with a Gamerscore of 291,490gs. I have turned on my console today (Wednesday 14th October) and would you believe it, my Gamerscore has somehow managed to go down, and I now left with a Gamerscore of 291,465gs, meaning I have 25gs less than when I started!!! I take screenshots of my gamerscore on an almost daily basis, due to previous experience with issues happening, and trying to explain to the awful people on support chat can be ridiculously difficult at time, so I do have a screenshot of my score with the 291,490gs and also 291.465gs.

I have noticed that on this very page it also has no display of my Gamerscore at all, instead it shows -- instead, could this be related to the decrease at all?? I appreciate you guys probably get a ton of issues raised on a daily basis, but this really is getting beyond a joke, i don't invest my time and money into all these games just to constantly have to battle with various faults that detract from this. As it stands I am already demotivated from playing games because of the constant issues, and if these issues are not likely to be addressed then it's likely there will be one less Xbox gamer using your services.

All of the achievements I unlocked in the last game I played, Alien Isolation, are showing and are correct, so I don't believe that game is the one causing the issue, I have re-downloaded my profile, hard reset my console, and all the other things that are usually mentioned on here too...just as a heads-up.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey, Jamie! Got you moved to the right place.

We talked about Rayman, but when I checked out your achievements on here, it looks like they were synced up appropriately. Just so that we have the same information over here, here's what you said in the Bingo thread:

[quote]I did create a post about the difference in Gamerscore, the missing 25g is from Rayman: Fiesta Run on Windows, they've adjusted the values of 5 achievements for a total of -25gs, and are releasing an update with 5 new achievements, each with a value of 5gs, bringing the game back up to 200gs.[/quote]

Would you be able to post back with the achievement differences for me? It will help me dig a bit more into this. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not actually sure what the 5 achievements are that have been adjusted down, I just know that Rayman: Fiesta Run was originally 200gs and now it is only 175gs with all the achievements unlocked. Surely this is against the terms set out in regards to updates? I've heard of games being patched etc and achievements being added, but the total then increases, I've never known a publisher take away Gamerscore from people so they then have to replay the game just to have what they originally had.  This seems pretty shady to me, does it means companies can come and remove Gamerscore as and when they feel like it??

Sorry this didn't help.

We don't actually control what achievements are updated/removed from games except for 1st party games. Achievements are part of the games themselves, just linked to the service. This means that if a publisher or developer wants to change that in an update, it is up to their discretion.

That being said, I believed it was initially Windows PHONE, not Windows, and misunderstood there. I checked your achievements and see where you are talking about the 25GS being dropped now. I was initially looking at the Windows Phone version of the game and saw it was still 200GS, so I apologize for my confusion at the beginning of this.

Because this was a change that developers made, you will need to reach out to them to explain your situation. I'm sure your aware, but for others that come into this thread looking for assistance, Ubisoft is who you want to reach out to.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I will answer them to the best of my ability, and get you to the right people if I don't. :)

Sorry this didn't help.