Gamerscore Adjustment Fiasco

I logged onto my Xbox Live account about 3 weeks ago to play some Skyrim when i noticed my Gamerscore had been cut to 1070. I immediately went to check my game saves and achievements as i was around 5000. I saw all my Assassins Creed (from one to Revelations) save data and achievements have been wiped along with alot of my Gears of War trilology achievements although not as severely. I emailed xbox support querying this and i got an email back saying my gametag may have gotten corrupted and to recover it online which i did and nothing changed. I looked to the second part of the email and it said something about a "gamerscore adjustment" so i clicked on the link. It said that the reason why i had lost all my gamerscore was because i had been "getting achievements from outside influences and avoidance of gameplay". Xbox was saying i was cheating and hacking games which i vehemently deny and they can come and happily check my console and even my laptop for any traces of this. So i rang up Xbox Support on the phone. The lady said this situation would be under an investigation and to wait 2 weeks until i would get a reply. Yesterday i got an email saying that there was nothing they could do to sort out my situation as Xbox support doesnt deal with any complaints of Gamerscore and Xbox live accounts. So i rang up AGAIN and this time got through to a man and he said the first lady was wrong and i needed to go onto the Xbox Forums to get my situation sorted. Until now the forums had never been mentioned except in the earlier email but never was implied as this was how i was going to get my problem sorted.

And here i am. I am very hurt and frustrated by Xbox lack of care and willingness to help me in my situation. I have never hacked any game on Xbox and never will. I normally play with my boyfriend and he has not had the same treatment. I feel let down and need some help. Can anyone do anything?!!?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Boomer, sorry to hear about your Gamerscore! Okay, the good news is that your account doesn't appear to have been reset for cheating at all. However, there's still the question of that missing Gamerscore. Were these achievements earned offline at all? Did you ever see them posted on Xbox.com, or did you primarily view your achievements through the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I rarely play offline and that is only when my internet is down (which isnt often we have very good signal here and a very strong internet provider TalkTalk) I normally view my achievements through my console but occasionally online. Thank you for getting back so soon i hope you can help me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so it sounds like you have previously seen the 5000 Gamerscore on your profile on the website, correct, and not just on the console? Also, would you be able to post the email you received (minus any personal details, of course), just so I can have full context for the mention of being reset for hacking/cheating?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes i did see the 5,000 gamerscore on the website. here is the email that i received from Xbox about my Gamerscore issue when i emailed them.

Dear Lydia,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Support.

I can understand your frustration with relation to your Gamerscore.

To assist you in this, could you log into your account at Xbox.com to see if the true Gamerscore is being reflected there. If the true Gamerscore is displayed there, you may need to recover your Gamertag as it may have become corrupted on the console somehow.

A guide on how to recover your Gamertag is found through the following web link: support.microsoft.com/.../en-us

If the Gamerscore is the same on the console as on the website, it may be the case that you have had a Gamerscore Correction. .Following please find information relating to Gamerscore Corrections:

support.microsoft.com/.../973429

We have a forum on Xbox.com, you can access this forum at:  forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx  

Sorry this didn't help.

help please?!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Boomer! Forgive me if I'm just missing it, but have you tried downloading your GT since this happened? Also, have you made a post in the Suspension Forum just to see if they can shed any light on the situation? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have done so again and its still the same (although increased because i have been playing Skyrim and got a few achievements). I havent tried there yet and will post on there. i got sent here with no clue what to do but thanks for your help will put this situation up on the suspension bit. thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have posted my issue on the Suspension account part of the Forums and they say i havent had my gamerscore reset and i have nothing on my account that is affecting it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Boomer, I spent some more time looking into your account this morning. From the look of things, it would appear that if you did have Gamerscore in the range of 5000, then that Gamerscore would have been lost if the account was re-downloaded before the achievements could be synced with the service. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't see anything that could have occurred on the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont often move my account to another xbox as i dont have access to another one. i just use the one and rarely on another console which is my friends but it was before all this happened was when i downloaded to to another console. i only redownloaded it on your request. Anything you can do to compensate me on my gamerscore loss?

Sorry this didn't help.