Gamerpic selfie

I think we should be able to use kinect to snap pictures of ourselves (or whatever) to use as our gamerpics. Then we could decorate them with different backgrounds and what not. Of course there is the potential for abuse with dudes trying to show people their junk. But that's no different than people who dodge the censor to create profane gamertags. They would be reported and dealt with. I think this could be a cool way to personalize our gamercards. What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The pixels that my gamerpic would take up on your screen would never work again... I've been told I have a face for radio. :)

Unless you want to see a bunch of [Mod Removed] as gamer pics, this is a bad idea.

Yes, people will gladly use that opportunity to take pics of things you really don't want to see.  

post an inappropriate gamerpic. get banned. simple as that. works for other social sites.

Mod Edited

You could do this on 360 for friends only pics!

I don't see why someone would be compelled to purchase a $500 device only have it turn into a giant paper-weight for doing something they shouldn't be doing in the 1st place. It amazes me how stupid some people can be.

If anything, I would be afraid that if this was made into a feature, a friend could easily sign into my console under my profile & take an inappropriate picture for my gamerpic - then I would be the 1 getting banned as a result. This scenario, while unlikely, is something that has happened to innocent people on the Xbox 360 with stupid friends. Although there are steps I can take to protect my account, I'd rather not have to put a password in EVERY time I sign in.

Customization is good, but I think I would rather just stick with the standard gamerpics & avatar pics. It's more easily controlled while still having a modicum of customization & choices available to Xbox Live users.

They had that with with the Xbox Live Vision camera nd it wasn't as great as you'd think...it will probably be an option but they'll have to make the resolution very grainy on purpose so you don't a bunch of people posting self pubic area pics.

Mod Edited

On one hand, I understand why they should just block it outright.  A lot of children use the Xbox and this would prevent them from ever seeing those images.

On the other hand, nearly every social media website that is out there includes a profile picture with your face on it.

Perhaps, MS could implement some kind of approval system?  Take picture, upload, needs to get approved, then it's your gamertag pic.

I think they should just leave it like it is.  It's one less thing that has to be monitored.  

One thing that they could to stop some of the problems mentioned is children wouldn't be able to post pics and they could also make it that if family settings are on (which they should be for children) they could not see any pics only the normal gamer tag ones. You would hope then that the adults/people of the appropriate age would not abuse the system, but we all know that is just not going to happen.

While I like this idea I can see so many problems for it. Beating someone in a game getting abusive message by them in regards to appearance. People seeing recent players pics then decide they want to be knobs and abuse people over appearance etc. There is too many problems that could come from it. It could turn into a gold mine cyber bullying abuse.