Gamercard Xbox LIVE Gold Year Count

First of all I'd like to clarify this, I have learned from word of mouth that the number in the top right corner of a Gold member's gamercard is an indicator of how many years old their account is.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

My question is, do you have to have been a Gold member for that entire time? Or does it just tell you how old your account is? For example, my original account that I made in 2007, I stopped using it around 2 years ago and it has been a silver membership ever since, if I recover the account again and put a Gold membership on it, will it have a '6' there? Or just however many years it has been a Gold account? If the latter, do those years have to be consecutive, or do they stack up?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 72 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Yes, the number on the upper right of your GamerTag is the tenure of your Xbox Gold Live account.

It is a continuous count, so it will reset if there is a lapse in the membership.

Therefore, if you are currently a Free/Silver member, and start a Gold Live membership, the tenure will be zero. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply, Sargon.

That's disappointing, it would have been cool to have a big 6 there, so even if your Gold ran for a few minutes before you renewed your membership you would be reset back to zero? This makes me wonder why Microsoft even put the number there, who cares how long it has been since you last ran out of LIVE? lol

Sorry this didn't help.

It only counts how long you are Gold.You can go Silver for a certain amount of time before it's reset to zero.used to be 60 days but i think it's longer now.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you were Gold, and the number went up, it will reset when silver, but it will return to it's previous ranked number when you go Gold again.

Sorry this didn't help.