Gamer tag question ?

I was wondering if there was any way to get my original gamer tag back even though the feedback system made me change it ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The "feedback" system won't make you change a gamertag. If the gamertag was offensive/prohibited before, it's not going to be less offensive now, is it?

The gt you have now is creeping me out.  

As said above, if it was a Forced Name Change from a Policy Violation (Enforced by the Policy Enforcement Team), it was not due to "feedback" but that it was a Violation of the Code of Conduct.

It was basically a "friendly" notice to pick another GT. If you "By-passed" this by simply adding another letter (or whatever) but the GT still remains similar and is still in Violation, you can get Perma-Banned for doing that.

Yeah I get it. But for anybody who find's my tag to be "creepy" or "weird" you are a sick pedophile and need to stop thinking like that. I was trying to go back to the single a at the end of my tag. That was my question.

Yeah, pay the 800 ms points...

Then be forced to change it again.

[quote user="TouchedbySantaa"]

Yeah I get it. But for anybody who find's my tag to be "creepy" or "weird" you are a sick pedophile and need to stop thinking like that. I was trying to go back to the single a at the end of my tag. That was my question.

[/quote]Sorry but I don't believe you "get it". No, you cannot use the prior GT that was found to be in Violation of the Code of Conduct. Just by adding the letter "a" to the end, it is still in Violation of the CoC. It's going to be a FNC again. And when (not if) the time comes if you simply add three "aaa" to the end of it, it still will be in Violation. If you continue to do so, you're going to get Perma-Banned.

[quote user="The Code of Conduct"]

• Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.
  • Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may be considered inappropriate.

[/quote]

Get it?

[/quote]

::face palm::
And people wonder why there are people in the world who want to make IQ tests mandatory to have kids...

Sorry sir, but you are creepy.

Dude...you were the one "thinking like that" when you picked the name. You're an immature child who thought that you would get attention by thinking of a name that others might find a little off color or offensive. Well, your immaturity shines through! You did exactly what you wanted by creating an offensive name and since that's not allowed, you were asked to change it to something a little more acceptable and mature.

You belief that it was "feedback" that caused the name change is clear evidence that you understand the name is offensive to others. Instead of growing up and doing the mature thing of picking an appropriate name you chose to use the same name with an alternate spelling which shows your dedication to staying immature and offensive. Now when you get your XBOX permanently banned for refusing to follow the guidelines you will undoubtedly blame the people who you believe you offended for giving you bad "feedback" when that was exactly your intention and goal in the first place in picking  such a name.

The truth will be that you were too immature to follow the rules laid out for name choosing and because of that you have shown immaturity to the extent that Microsoft doesn't feel you deserve to play on their network. Being asked to change your name was no one's fault but your own...you intentionally tried to be offensive and paid the consequences for doing so. When you get perma-banned for continuing this behavior you will again have no one but yourself to blame.

As a child, you are having a difficult time understanding that society has rules and that there are consequences for intentionally ignoring those rules. Be glad that the only punishment you are receiving for this is to change your name. In the real world you can find yourself in some pretty heavy punishment for intentionally refusing to follow society's rules...some of  these include, fines, jail, prison and even death. Sorry kid but you need to grow up! Until you can show a level of maturity to participate in a social network like this you deserve to be banned...and if you keep this up, you will be!

[/quote]So if someone's gamertag has a passive drug reference like 420, if someone else associates that with marijuana, does that make them a druggie? Bad logic, buddy. LostKauz is spot on. If it can be at all interpreted the wrong way, it's not allowed.