Gamer Tag Problems

I am having a problem with my friends on Xbox Live. We are trying to play with one specific friend but for some reason he never appears online thus the only way for us to all play on the same game is for him to invite us but his connection is terrible so it lags a lot. We called customer service and they told us to post here because even if we go to his name in our friends list we can't invite him so there is no loop hole we haven't tried and we have already done all the trouble shooting. Please help! 

-NG

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Both Onyx and I are xbox ambassadors, and we do not work for microsoft in any way. We are gamers just like you that try to help others. Most of the time, on these forums, you will get replies from ambassadors, and most of the time, what those ambassadors tell you, is what needs to be done. While I understand you are frustrated, please understand that we take time out of our own lives to try to help others resolve the problems they are having. You might get a reply from Official Support, if they have ideas they think might help, that an ambassador has not already suggested. But at this time, I believe that what Onyx has told you, calling phone support, is really the best bet at getting this resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We already tried that! I feel we keep getting redundant responses like believe me we tried it all before we landed here. If you dont have an answer that isnt common sense please stop replying we need an actual solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but if the issue is with the gamertag itself then no one here will be able to help.  Your friend will need to contact phone support himself to try and get this resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. I really appreciate these responses however, we have both tried everything. Both of our internets are not the problem. We have done all the troubleshooting available I am only on here because this was the suggested response by Xbox Customer Service Supervisor. They told us that if we posted on here an Xbox team would contact us to deal with the account problem directly. Thanks for your attempts to help us though it is appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

I would also suggest your friend do a test at www.speedtest.net and post the results.  If his internet is too slow or shows too much lag that would be the reason he's having issues.

If his speed is too slow then he would need to contact his ISP to set up a faster connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, make sure he has you set as a Friend, not a Favorite. I found this cured a similar problem I was having with certain friends I had set as favorites.

Sorry this didn't help.

Possible NAT issue? I have also noticed, on Destiny anyway, that there are times some of my friends do not show as being online. They usually show up if we get into the same game, or go into a party. I have no clue as to why this happens. Does he show up as being online if you are in the same game or party?

Sorry this didn't help.

We have tried all trouble shooting and all avenues for trying to figure this out. We've talked to the customer service and I've already walked through not only the setting like three times but, also I've basically reset my xbox and nothing has worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have him check his settings. He may have his account set up to appear offline.

Sorry this didn't help.