Gamer Tag Forcibly Changed

My Gamer Tag got forcibly shanged and i'd like to be able to change my name for free.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I'd also like to know if my previous gamer tag was so offensive  why (if i pay 10 bucks) can i change my name back to what it was? I've also noticed that there are two differently spelt versions of my previous game tag still on xbox, why is mine so offensive and theirs not?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, but there is no way to get a free name change. That is the new policy for forced name changes. You have to pay to change it to something you want.

Since your gamertag was given a forced name change, you cannot change it back to what it was. Even if you did, you can get banned for having multiple forced name changes. So if it was offensive the first time and they caught you again, you could have your entire account banned.

The other gamertags that are out there may not have had any complaints filed against them so the enforcement team may not have seen them yet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your gamertag was deemed offensive by the XBLPET. You will have to pay the $10 to change it to a name that you would like. Any other questions regarding your name change should be posted here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

So because i made someone mad on Xbox and they decided to spam the report button or tell their friends to report me, I'm stuck with a dumb gamer tag. Obviously if ive had my old gamer tag for over 4 years it can't be that offensive. This is ridiculous Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesn't matter why they filed the complaint on you. The enforcement team only gives a forced name change if the tag violates the code of conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright so my old gamer tag isnt banned which you would think it would since its so offensive...and its cool that someone else uses my old gamer tag as long as they dont get reported...but god forbid I use my own again...sounds completely fair to me...and when my profile got changed because I apparently violated the code of conduct then too why didnt they change my name then? I know theyre doing their job but I can't even talk to the ones who banned it and customer service brings me to forums with other xbox users....absolutely ridiculous. If you're that afraid of your kid seeing a gamertag then dont let the kid play xbox...buy him a damn nintendo

Sorry this didn't help.