Gamer tag and other account stuff

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this, just wondering if someone could help me.

I have been meaning to post here for a few weeks now but not found the time.

So i haven't been on Xbox live in about 2-3 years, successfully managed to recover my password via email etc.

I login, to find my gamer tag has changed to something like UvalarSky and a string of numbers. Gamer score reset to zero and no friends.

Did my account get hacked? can i recover any of this stuff. what happened?

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

We wouldn't be able to help you recover anything on your account through here. Are you sure this is the email address associated with the account you used to use many years back? It's possible you had more than 1 account, perhaps tied to a different email address.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No it is definitely the same email. I have only ever had 1 xbox account which i created on the 360 originally some years back. I do remember the gamer tag which i had been using though. Where should i direct my question if not here?

Thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

have you logged into this website: http://enforcement.xbox.com/  Normally when a gamertag has been forcefully changed it was due to not following the code of conduct.  Log in to the website and click the orange hammer icon.  It should be listed there.

Inappropriate Gamertag and Real Name content includes, but is not limited to:

Profane words or phrases

Topics or content of a sexual nature

Hate speech

Controversial religious topics

Notorious people or organizations

Sensitive current or historical events

Any "sound-alike" or "lookalike" words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

If another gamer reported your gamertag and the enforcement team found that your tag violated one of the codes then a forceful gamertag change was set it place.  The same thing has happen to me.  I have made forums and sent private messaged to the enforcement team and they still have not responded.  I have noticed on the xbox website that each xbox live member is given 1 free gamertag switch.  The website states no timeframe to use this but mine has been taken away.  I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.