Gamer Tag and account email address

OK, so I recently had the red ring of death on my 2nd xbox360, I have purchased a new one and cannot for the life of me remember the email address I used (it's been years since I had to actually login).

Is there anyway to get my email address from my Gamertag?? All my saved games, all my sons' saved games are on my profile, but cannot access them at all. The information online is all over the place, had to setup a new account with 2 factor authentication just to get on these forums.

Any help would be appreciated, I know the tag, had it ever since the 360 came out, would be a shame to lose it after all these years, plus all the saved games on the HDD that I cannot access right now as I don't have the login information.

Regards, LB.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Okay, you could speak with xbox support, online chat or by the phone, give them the gamertag and they may look at the emails linked to them and ask a few security questions to identify you're the owner, also if the broken console has the Red Ring of Death, the hard drive can be moved, so move the hard drive into the new console if possible, if not, speaking to the support team is the best idea

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.